Welcome to FishTankBank, the home of awesome fish tanks and aquariums. Our selection of smaller fish tanks is perfect for any fish keeper with a smaller species of fish, like a Betta. The smaller tanks, like the 1 gallon and the 3 gallon fish tanks, should only be used to keep very small fish and ideally only a few at most. Small fish need plenty of space too, and if they don't get this then they could become stressed and develop health issues. You'll also want to ensure that you keep space in your tank for things like driftwood and creepy skull decor, which can make your fish feel more comfortable and will give them extra places to hide! These fish tanks are between 1 gallon and 10 gallons in size, so you should only be considering one of these if you're keeping a small amount of small fish, like a Betta.
Hopefully the above reviews of fish tanks, aquariums and stands give you a good idea of which products you should choose. However, you shouldn't even begin to look at these products until you have a good idea of how to properly set up a fish tank! So here is a quick guide to creating the perfect environment for your fish:
- Choose your tank carefully - 3 gallons or more is best for most species of fish
- Pick a tank that is long (as this resembles the natural habitat of a fish)
- Choose a gentle filter (fish don't really like strong currents)
- Choose a heater - again, research the species so you know what temperature they feel most comfortable in
- Add gravel, decorations and get started enjoying your fish!
Want to make your fish feel comfortable? Here are some extra tips:
- The natural habitat of most fish is shady rice paddies, so you want to try and replicate this as well as you can
- Give them plenty of plants so they can hide in the shadows if they like
- Fish also like driftwood so add some of that too - just make sure it's been treated (don't just take it off the beach as this can introduce chemicals and other dangerous substances into the tank
- Be warned - you might not see your fish out in the open too often if you have too many decorations!
- Avoid putting decorations and ornaments with sharp edges in the tank
- Avoid having a bare tank for your fish! They'll just get bored....
What about the fish tank brands that we include on this website? Here is a quick rundown of who they are, and why you can trust them:
- Tetra - We feature more fish tanks from Tetra than any other company on Fish Tank Bank, the main reason for this being that the products they create are very high quality and are always highly rated by users. The company also offer a wide range 0f fish tanks and aquariums of all shapes and sizes, with everything from bowls to boxes. A definite favorite of ours.
- Kollercraft - Unlike Tetra, Kollercraft tend to specialize more in fish tank accessories than tanks or aquariums. However, that doesn't mean to say that their tanks aren't good - in fact, we'd argue the complete opposite!
- MarineLand - The only MarineLand product that we have on here is our 5 gallon aquarium. But to be honest, there's no need to have anything else from them - this is the ultimate aquarium!
- GloFish - GloFish are another company that specialize in larger fish tanks rather than smaller tanks, so if you have larger species of fish then this is ideal.